We do not offer payment for non-fiction material at this time. If you wish to write reviews, conduct interviews or submit articles for publication please email us at toesixpress @ gmail.com
We are seeking quality stories that are typically 2,000-6,000 words in length. If your story falls outside the specified word count it may still be considered; don’t tell us every word is earned or argue your case in the email. Just know you’re outside our normal range and that will be considered by the editorial staff when your material is reviewed.
One of my all-time favorite stories that we ever published at Spinetingler remains My Name is Priscilla by W.D. County. What catches my attention is having a consistent voice from the protagonist, a clear point of view with a unique premise and a distinct character that’s original. Give us a great catalyst for the events that are about to follow and keep us hooked to the end. This is a delicate art. Sometimes too much detail detracts from the story and isn’t necessary; other times omitted details risk confusion for the reader.
We are currently closed to submissions and finalizing the contents for the first print issue. The contents will be finalized Wednesday April 18. Incomplete submissions need to be completed by April 17.
Generally speaking, we follow the William Shunn guidelines.
Please do not manually tab space-space-space-space-space to indent the first line of a paragraph 0.5″. You should use your paragraph formatting feature to have the first line of each paragraph start 0.5″ from the left margin.
Toe Six does not accept simultaneous submissions. Do not send simultaneous submissions.
Toe Six does accept multiple submissions; however, you may receive useful feedback on a submission that can help you with future submissions so you may want to consider sending only one submission at a time.
Copy this form and complete it in the body of your email.
1. Author’s name: _____________________________________________
2. Email address: _____________________________________________
3. Paypal address: ____________________________________________
4. Is this a simultaneous submission? _________________________
5. Are you willing to be edited and perform requested revisions? __________
6. 50-100 word Bio:
7. Optional: Attach an author photo or book cover image that you have the right to make available for reproduction in print or online. By attaching the photo you assert you have that right. We request these images be at least 300 dpi. Low resolution images may not be used in the print issue.
8. Have you submitted this story to us before? _____ If yes, please include the date of the email with our invitation to resubmit the story: ___________________
9. Complete release A for original stories or release B for reprint submissions. Only copy and complete the appropriate release when submitting your form information.
A. Release For Original Stories: I, Insert AUTHOR NAME here, certify that I am the writer/artist of the work being submitted to Toe Six Press. This story, insert STORY NAME here, has not been published previously online or in print and has never been printed in whole or in part on a blog, website or forum or any other medium. I also agree that Toe Six Press may archive this work after initial publication. I retain copyright and all rights to my work except First WORLDWIDE Rights and this work, if accepted and published, may not appear in another publication for 15 months following its release by Toe Six Press without written consent from the editor. If my work should appear in another publication after that time has elapsed, it will be noted that it first appeared in Toe Six Press.
**Insert requested information throughout.
B. Release for Reprints: I, Insert AUTHOR NAME here, certify that I am the writer/artist of the work being submitted to Toe Six Press. This story, insert STORY NAME here, has been published previously by Insert Publication Name here in Insert Month/Year here. I agree that Toe Six Press may archive this work after initial publication. I retain copyright and all rights to my work except First WORLDWIDE Reprint Rights and this work, if accepted and published, may not appear in another publication for 10 months following its release by Toe Six Press without written consent from the editor. If my work should appear in another publication after that time has elapsed, it will be noted that it previously appeared in Toe Six Press. I understand there is no standard payment offered for reprints.
**Insert requested information throughout.
10. Attach your story as a .doc or .docx or .rtf file. If those file options are not available to you then you may include your story in the body of the email. In this case, please do not indent the first line of paragraphs but use an extra blank line between paragraphs.
11. Email the form and story and optional material to toesixpress @ gmail.com with the word ‘Submission’ followed by the name of your story in the subject line. (Example: Submission: Some Stinking Story)
Please do not send more than one submission per email.
Submissions that do not include the full form with the completed release may not be read or considered.
1. Unless you receive an automated reply telling you otherwise, you should receive an email confirming your submission was received and was complete within 2 weeks. Automated replies may be used during staff vacations or heavy submission volume times. If you have not received an email then check your spam folder.
2. The current goal is to tell you within 45 days whether your story is progressing to the final round of consideration. We do not allow simultaneous submissions to expedite the submission process.
3. Please do not email with questions about your submission’s status until 46 days have elapsed starting the day after you submitted your work.
**Resubmissions are strongly discouraged unless you have been invited to resubmit your material.
A payment of $25 will be made for original stories 2,000 words in length or more. As revenue allows, payment amounts may increase. Check for further details.
We typically do not pay for stories under 2,000 words or for reprints. There may be some exceptions on a case-by-case basis. For example, stories originally published in a foreign language may be eligible for standard payment.
We pay by PayPal only. There are no exceptions.